Sunday, May 30, 2004

The Garden


It's almost impossible to take a good photograph of a garden in sunlight. There's just too much white light bouncing around. Even though I know this, the side garden was so beautiful today when the sun hit it that I ran for my camera. I had a polarizing filter, which I thought would help, but as you can see, my serene and lovely garden looks like chaos in this picture. Well, take my word for it, it really did look great.

Made another batch of Soil Soup. This time I applied it only to the plants that needed the most help--roses, berries, new transplants. I have noticed new blooms on several plants this week, including the roses, but to be perfectly fair and balanced I must also say that we had a good deep rain followed by days of warm sunshine, and that probably helped, too.