Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Worms in Entertainment Weekly

So I’m going to depart from my usual reticence to talk about reviews and other PR-related book issues (Reason: seems self-indulgent and silly) and tell you that there is a review of The Earth Moved in the February 6 issue of Entertainment Weekly.

Yep.

We went down to Safeway and there it was on the rack, with a bright shiny Oscar on the cover. It’s even a Special Collector’s Double Issue. My review’s on page 155. In case you’ve never read the reviews in EW, I should tell you that they assign grades.

I got a B.

The next logical step was to call my dad and tell him that I got a B from Entertainment Weekly. Without missing a beat, he said, “Well honey, I’m not mad. I’m just disappointed. I know you can do the work. I know you’ll pull that grade up next semester.”

Before we hung up, he said, “I’m sorry about that B. But remember, I’m your dad…”

I actually got those report-card chills when he said it. Geez. Am I thirty-four or seven?

More on Hans Jenny, Godfather of Soil Conservation, tomorrow, and more on nightcrawlers, which… (in response to comments), are European and not native to the U.S..

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home